2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
- 2.1. We may collect personal information from you directly by telephone, email, via our website, by post or facsimile. We may also receive information via a company with which we may have a relationship such as an association, or other intermediary. In such cases, we take reasonable steps to ensure any such intermediary has your permission to provide us with personal information.
2.2. Personal information is collected so that we can provide you with services to meet your needs or requirements. We also collect personal information to customise our services. Personal information may include, but not be limited to, your name, address, telephone number and email address.
2.3. All information is provided by you at your option. You may choose not to provide any information but this may restrict our ability to assist you.
2.4. We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to assess your requirements and suitability for our products and/or services;
- to provide the products and/or services supplied by us;
- to communicate information about our products and services to you, including sending you information about our products or services and promotional offers;
- for our internal administrative, research, marketing, business and product development requirements; and
- for general day-to-day business purposes including establishment of pricing, customer service policies and customer satisfaction data.
- 2.5. We collect data about you to assist with tailoring our website and marketing activities. This information may include the URL you came from, your IP address, your browser, cookie information. We may also collect information about your usage of our site, the pages you visit and other usage patterns.
2.6. When you access our website we may use a feature of your browser called a “Cookie”. A Cookie is a piece of information that a website sends to your browser. Cookies are used to add functionality, track website usage and to enable us to personalise your visit to our Site. Cookies do not identify you specifically, however, they identify your computer’s browser. We may also use Cookie technology to track the number of visitors to our Site in an aggregate form. Personally identifiable information is not extracted or collected in this process. You may set your computer browser to disable Cookies or to alert you when Cookies are being sent. If you disable Cookies, we may be unable to optimise your visit to our Site and certain features may not be available.
2.8. We use the information provided by you or collected about you to target and customise our advertising and to advise you of products and services and for other business related purposes.
2.9. We engage in remarketing to market our Site across the internet. Remarketing is a type of advertising where you receive customised ads regarding our Site when you browse other websites. These ads are based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits to our Site. This advertising is enabled through your computer browser and Cookies. You may opt out of receiving interest-based advertisements using the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt-out webpage at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Alternatively, you may opt out of the Google Remarketing Program by using the Google Ad Preference manager at www.google.com/ads/preferences or using the Google Analytics Opt- out Browser Add-on tool at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- 3.1. We do not sell client lists or identifiable information to third parties.
3.2. To provide you with our products and services, we may need to disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Solaray such as:
subcontractors or installers;
finance companies (if requested by you);
credit reporting agencies;
government and other regulatory authorities as authorised by law.
3.3. We may also provide your personal information when we are required to do so by law or regulation.
- 4.1. We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or exposure. All staff are required to maintain the confidentiality of customer information. Access to information stored electronically is restricted to employees whose job requires access to the information. Access to our computer systems is restricted through password protection.
5. CHECKING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 5.1. You may ask us at any time to provide you with copies of the personal information we hold about you. We will normally provide you with these copies within 30 days of receiving your request. Sola Power may need to, in the case where we may incur costs, charge reasonable costs to provide you with access to your information.
5.2. If you believe for any reason that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may ask us to correct it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.